Thursday, February 22, 2007

Devotion #7

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

Everytime i look at the Aurora Borelis (Northern Lights), my heart is filled with warmth and i dream of being close to heaven...Its like with every dance of lights, you feel yourself drawn into a world of wonder where you are dazzled by colorful lights that seem to have their own spirit and soul. Often i can only gasp at how God created this.

My fascination with the Northern Lights started since Sec 1 when i found out about it and many years ago, i made a wish that one day i would like to propose to my future wife under these amazing heavenly lights. (So Romantic..Hor!!!) Though my wife would have called me crazy, why because you can only see these lights in the NORTH POLE....her argument....she would have freeze to death before getting there. That is minus-ing the thousands of dollars it'll cost us plus sub-zero temperature. :)

Well, i gave up and since then i've never really thought about it.

That is until i read the verse above.

You see my desire to see the lights sprang from a deep longing to be part of something great, something amazing. It was a heart cry for a better tomorrow, no more poverty, no more parent fights at home, no more looking in sadness what so many other had that i didn't have, no more pain from illnesses that haunted my sickly physic and finally no more fear of death each time my asthma attacked me.

But the day i read this verse it changed the way i saw things. You see i begin not to look what i don't have and what i would like so very much. Instead i begin in a simple act of counting my blessings, counting my thanksgiving and counting every breathe God still graciously allowed me to breathe. It change the way i saw things and the very way i lived too.

I began to be grateful for a job, not only a job, but a job that gave me a car then. I become more happy as i counted each sunrise that i saw, knowing that it was He's grace i'm still alive. I became thankful for the parent whom i still could see each day regardless of the difference they shared so animatedly. I counted everything good thing out of everything that happened to me and all of a sudden life become lighter, easier to manage and much more happier.

Do you need a new pair of eyes..thankful eyes.....maybe its time to ask God to give you one.

LOL Ps DiE

No comments: